Friday 18 December 2009

The Festive Spirit

Well it happened. When I least expected it. 

Surreptitiously creeping over me on a fairly stressful morning with a week still to go. All of a sudden I felt the urge to mull some wine, reach for the Quality Street and gaze out on the snowy landscape. That's right, I suddenly got hit by the Festive Spirit. 

I should point out this doesn't usually happen to me until nearer the Big Day. Maybe it had something to do with watching the boys make snow angels, helping K bake Christmas Cookies and later surrendering the (tidy) kitchen to festive mayhem with penguin potato painting and glittery snowmen. Or the fact that I have been struggling to maintain the momentum since the little ones broke up a full week ago believing they would be enjoying Christmas within a day or two. Not helpful.... 


Perhaps I gave in deciding to "ride the wave" in a "if you can't beat them, join them" concession, but I somehow doubt it. The snow helped, and the fact that I am now "ready". The presents are wrapped, cards delivered and the menus planned, the tree is up and the excitement is already at fever pitch here.(Although shopping is a challenge for next week!) But in the end I think there was a chink in the "Bah Humbug" armour and whilst cuddling on the sofa watching a Christmas movie with the twins I was well and truly "got". 

So somehow this has to be sustained until the end of next week, but the Festive Spirit is here, the Quality Street are open (but don't tell Richard...) and the wine is ready to mull. Bring it on! 

Happy Christmas Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to comment, I really value your responses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...